Dr. Mondal's research interests lie at the interface of chemistry, physics, and biology, creating new multifunctional molecular nanofilms that are suitable for studying charge-transport phenomena under a series of external stimuli such solvent, electric and magnetic field, thermal effect, etc. He completed doctoral study on "surface chemistry of photo and electroactive metal-polypyridyl complexes" and obtained the Ph.D. (2013) at the University of Delhi, India. Subsequently, he moved to the Prof. Ron Naaman research group at Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel for postdoctoral work. At Weizmann Institute, he mainly studied spin-dependent electrochemical charge-transfer process in chiral molecules embedded on ferromagnetic electrode. In 2016, he joined Prof. Richad McCreery Group at National Institute for Nanotechnology, Alberta, Canada, focusing on carbon-based molecular electronics. He was a Marie-Curie post-doctoral fellow (Nov. 2017-March, 2019) worked with Prof. Eugenio Coronado at ICMoL, the University of Valencia, Spain prior to joining the Department of Chemistry, IIT-Kanpur as an Assistant Professor in April, 2019.
Department of Chemistry
Marie-Curie Post-doctoral Fellow:
Dec., 2017 - March, 2019
ICMoL, University of Valencia, Spain
March, 2016 - Nov., 2017
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Canada
Ph.D. : 2013
University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
M.Sc : 2008
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
B.Sc : 2006
Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Oct., 2013 - March, 2016
Department of Chemical Physics
Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
Reviewer of the journals
6. Life Member, Materials Research Society of India (MRSI), India.
5. Life Member, Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI), India.
4. Member, Marie Curie Fellowship Association (MCFA).
3. Member, Canadian Chemical Society (CCS), 2017-2018.
2. Member, American Chemical Society (ACS), 2014-2017.
1. Life Member, Indian Science Congress, Kolkata, India.
7. JPC (ACS)
6. Materials Horizons (RSC)
5. Scientific Reports (NPG)
4. Nanoscale (RSC)
3. RSC Advances (RSC)
2. Materials Letters (Elsevier)
1. Advances in Physical Chemistry (Hindawi Publishing Corporation).